A cottage in Chippenham has been completely destroyed in a major blaze last night.
The blaze in Cocklebury Lane broke out at around 7pm on Thursday evening, prompting the response of nine fire crews – and 55 firefighters – from across the county.
The cause of the fire is said to be a chip pan being left unattended on the hob.
Firefighters worked to successfully save a second adjoining property.
A man, thought to reside at the address, was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.
The British Red Cross emergency fire support unit attended the incident to provide residents support.