Firefighters extinguished a blaze in a kitchen in Chippenham this morning (7 October).
A local fire crew, accompanied by an engine from Calne, attended reports of smoke issuing from a property in the town shortly before 8am.
On arrival, firefighters entered the first-floor flat and put out the flames in Little Englands, off Avenue La Fleche.
South Western Ambulance Service was also called the incident, with a casualty treated for smoke inhalation.
A witness told Wiltshire Today that a woman was seen to be receiving oxygen outside the property.
Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service confirmed the flames were battled by two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.
It appeared the fire was caused by a microwave.